Friday, June 30, 2006

Cake for 200

Well this is the weekend... 4th of July... I am determined to make my Colette Peters' 4th of July cake.

If I can find a way to make photographs along the way, I will. Found the camera, (Underneath a pile of yet to be sold items on ebay), but alas, no charger. Must find charger.

Anyway, I have had quite a culinary experience this week as a dear friend came to town. Her father, from old world Spain, has a family that loves to cook and I was given many recipes. I tried a few, was inspired to cook a little more and will do so.

As usual, I find my forte' is in main courses, savory items, and not the desserts. My cakes look pitiful. The taste is very good. I am proud of the taste... but so ugly they look as if they were beat with an ugly stick. Well, maybe not THAT bad, but less than the professional touch I desire.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home