Wednesday, June 14, 2006

Burnt a Fuse

Title indicates the recent news. While attempting to temper my chocolate, the stove popped and "poof" ... no more electricity. Not a single bit of electricity is going to either the stove or oven. I'm going to have to replace it. My oh my.

On the left is a 1785 New England farmhouse oven and stove whatnot. Though the stove was recently purchased, after the electrical pop, it now is vaguely related to the one in the photograph.

Needless to say, the chocolate covered strawberries did NOT get completed. The white chocolate seized and became slightly grainy. I posted on Cakecentral the question, "Does glycerine make chocolate seize?" but received no response as of yet. I'm just wondering if I pushed the heat up too fast.

I'm sleepy, tired and going to bed now. Night all....


Post a Comment

<< Home